Valentines was just a mere 8 days ago and it is a time in which you either shower someone in gifts that someone does not actually need and are completely commercialised… OR you demonstrate just how well you know your partner even with something as simple as Bacon Salt. That is right… my man and I decided on DIY gifts and seeing as a couple of years ago I gave him a George Forman grill, I felt food continued to be the right way to his heart. So here is my recipe to DIY Bacon Salt.
- Sea salt
- Place all the prosciutto on a tray and set it to bake until it is crisp
- Once it is crisp remove the prosciutto from the oven and wipe the oil off with a paper towel
- Break the prosciutto into bits and place them in a pestle and mortar, season it with salt and any other seasoning (I think sea salt is more than sufficient)
- Mash them as finely as possible to make a grainy salt
- Once it is ready just keep it in a jar and enjoy it with eggs, vegetables, anything you wish